How to create a subscription
In Union, a subscription is a pass type that auto-renews. Be sure to check out our video tutorial on how to create an Unlimited Subscription. Also, you'll find links to additional video tutorials below!
How do I create a subscription? From your admin dashboard, choose Pricing > Subscriptions.
- Name: give your subscription a descriptive name; this is the most prominent thing your customers will see when they're trying to decide what to purchase.
- Description: clarify the subscription in a little more detail. Many customers will be accessing your Union site from their phones, so strive to keep descriptions short and to the point.
- Price: Each billing event's price. Remember that you can only set a price other than $0 if you've previously connected a Stripe account.
- Initial Price: there are three options
- Same as Normal: Select if your price is to remain constant.
- First Period Discount: If you would like to offer a discounted starting price. A discounted example could be, $79 your first month and $99 each month after.
- Free Trial Period: select this option if you would like to offer a free trial period before the subscription billing begins. Choose if you would like to offer a free trial period before their weekly/monthly billing period begins. Once the trial has ended, your customers will automatically be charged the subscriptions initial price.
- Re-billed every: billing event cadence. E.g. 1 Month would mean the customer is billed monthly.
- Registration Types: select the types of event performances this subscription can be used to access.
- Registration Limits: There are three options.
- Unlimited Registrations means the subscription can be used to access an unlimited number of classes and events until it is canceled or expires.
- Limited Registrations, entering a number greater than 0 into the Limit box allows customers to use this subscription a limited number of times before the next billing period. The unlimited subscription will still be constricted to the Registration Types checked above.
- Advanced Limited Registrations, then customizing rules for each Registration Type checked above allows customers have unlimited or limited number registrations for by Registration Type. e.g. 2 in-person registrations and Unlimited Replays.
- Purchase Limit: refers to the maximum times a person can acquire the pass. An example may be, a new student special. You would want to add a purchase limit of one so users cannot repeatedly purchase the new student special pass.
- Access code only: select this if you'd like to make this pass invisible... except to those who know the code. This is useful for creating exclusive offers and deals that you don't want just anybody to see or buy.
- Email Description: Click this if you would like the pass description to be included in your customers confirmation email
- Event categories: choose which types of events and classes this subscription can be used to access
- Revenue categories: a great way to file away revenue that are associated with your passes. Learn how to Create Revenue Categories