Gear Recommendation for OBS
OBS is a free and open source software for video recording and live streaming. This platform provides high performance real time video/audio capturing and mixing. Please know that OBS can be a little more technical to setup but offers some features that could be useful for you and your business (i.e. multiple cameras). If you are looking for a more streamlined (or standard) streaming app, please visit What Livestream App is Right for You? to understand all of Union's offerings.
For Your Video
We have found that your phones can produce the best video content which is why we recommend investing in a newer iPhone or Android device. However, if you would prefer other avenues, we have provided some links for additional suggestions.
- iPhone 12 or higher (iOS requirements 16 or higher) *NOTE: your macOS MUST be on Ventura to use this option.
- Depending on your setup (length from your control center to your camera), you may want to purchase a longer cord. We HIGHLY recommend you're able to connect directly into your laptop or desktop. Please be sure you're purchasing the correct ports (i.e. lightening to USB-C or lightening to USB-A)
- A recent Android Phone with a great camera
- Depending on your setup (length from your control center to your camera), you may want to purchase a longer charging cord
- Any 1080p or 4k webcam that you can plug into your laptop, like the Logitech Brio.
- A Canon DSLR Camera
Mount your Phone
Here are some suggestions for tripods to hold your phone steady!
For Your Voice
Use high quality Bluetooth earbuds so your voice sounds close and warm. They're battery powered and snuggle right in your ears, so you have full range of motion.
- WENKEY True Wireless earbuds are a great value at $29 for iOS and Android users
- Apple AirPods are wunderbar at $139
- Apple AirPods Pro basically give you airplane-level noise canceling but are heftier at $229
Wireless Mic Option
If you would prefer the use of a wireless mic option, we have found that the Rode Wireless Go II provide excellent audio. The Wireless Go II comes with one receiver and two transmitters (microphones). This also comes with 3 USB-C to USB cables that will allow you to plug directly into your control center for a seem less connection.
- RODE Wireless GO II starting at $272
Additional Accessories (optional)
- RODE Lavalier GO Professional-Grade Wearable Microphone starting at $67