Setup your Rode Wireless Go II for Union Broadcaster
Connect your Rode Wireless Go II to your iPhone
- Turn on your Rode Receiver and connect it to the Rode SC7 3.5mm TRS to TRRS Patch Cable.
- At the other end of your TRS to TRRS patch cable, add the JSAUX USB.
- Plug in the JSAUX USB to the matching port on your hub.
- We have learned that using this mic requires a lot of battery power, so you will want to be sure to charge your phone while streaming. Connect your charging cord to your hub in the lightening port.
- If you are going to be wired in (ethernet), please add your ether next cord.
- If you're using a lavalier, connect your RODE Lavalier GO Professional-Grade Wearable Microphone to your Rode Mic. Then, turn on your Rode Mic.
- Attach the hub to your phone.
Your setup should look something like this (does not include ethernet and lavalier)
Once connected, visit your Union Broadcaster app. In the lower right hand corner you can confirm what audio source is being detected. In this example, it shows GHW USB AUDIO (compared to iPhone Mic). If your Rode Wireless II is connected, to your phone but you're seeing iPhone Mic, we may need to manually change the audio input. Continue reading to learn how to change this. If your Rode is connected, please visit Create a Livestream Test Event!
Adjusting Your Audio Settings
Open the Union Broadcaster App and visit your Settings and scroll to Broadcast Settings. Then tap Audio.
Then click on Input
Change from Auto to Headset Microphone. Click the back button (upper left corner)
Click the back button
Then click Close
If your Rode Wireless Go II is still connected, you should see if listed in the lower right corner.